At Northwest Federal, we are committed to providing exceptional service to our members and our communities. As part of this commitment, your health and safety is our primary concern.
We are continuing to closely monitor information provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and federal, state and local governments regarding recommended efforts to help curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Branch Availability and Hours
- Drive-thru Branches: Our drive-thru services at our Manassas, Gainesville, Leesburg and Rockville Branches are open to serve you Monday through Friday, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm and Saturdays 9:00 am - 1:00 pm.
- By Appointment: To make an appointment with a representative at any branch or at the Mortgage Lending Center, contact us at 703-709-8900 or 844-709-8900 (toll-free.) Appointments will be available Monday through Friday, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm and Saturdays 9:00 am - 1:00 pm.
- Please also note that our cash reserves and processes remain strong. We will have the cash you need at our ATMs and branches.
How to Conduct Many Branch Transactions Remotely
We offer many convenient ways to pay your Northwest Federal loans or make a deposit without having to go to a branch.
Loan Payment Options
- Online Banking - make payments by transferring funds from your savings or checking account to your loan accounts through Online Banking. You can also set up automatic monthly payments so you won’t have to keep track of due dates and your payments will always arrive on time.
- Online Payment Center- use our secure online payment portal to pay your Northwest Federal loans (excluding first mortgage and credit card accounts) via ACH or by debit card*.
- Request a Loan Payment Coupon Booklet
- Send your payment by mail
- Mobile Banking App – deposit checks easily and securely with our Mobile Banking app with Mobile Deposit®*. Download our free Mobile Banking app at the Apple Store® or Google® Play Store today to get started. Search “Northwest Federal” to find it fast.
Simply log-in to the app, select the “Deposit” icon on the screen and follow instructions to complete your mobile deposit.
- ATMs - deposit checks at ATMs from coast to coast. Use our Locator Wizard to find a deposit-taking ATM near you.
- Pop Money - send money to your friends or family the easy way with Pop Money, available within Online Banking. All you’ll need is the recipient’s email address or mobile phone number.
To use Pop Money, simply login to Online Banking and follow these steps:
- Click on “Payments” from the navigation menu
- Click on the “Popmoney” tab within the Payment Center
- Enter the payment information and follow the prompts to complete your request
- Wire Transfers - transfer funds internationally or domestically same day. Requests for international wires must be received by 2:30pm EST and domestic wire requests by 4:00pm EST for same day processing.
ATMs and Card Services
- We are taking special precautions to ensure our ATM’s are routinely disinfected and also stocked to ensure access to the cash you need when you need it.
- Our credit cards are contactless, which means you never need to touch merchant terminals or hand your card to a cashier to complete your purchase. (Watch this video to see how contactless payments work.) You can also add your cards to any of the following digital wallets: Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Fitbit Pay and Garmin Pay which gives you the same ability to just tap and go. (Find out how to add cards to your device here.)
- You can replace any lost, damaged or compromised debit or credit card at any Northwest Federal branch. If you are unable to leave home, please contact us at 703-709-8900 to request a new debit or credit card to be sent to you home address on file. If you are in need of a new card immediately, we can rush your new card to you with overnight delivery.
Relief Line of Credit
- We are offering a Relief Line of Credit for those members who may experience a financial hardship as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
Whether it be personal, mortgage, or commercial loans, we stand ready to assist with any questions and concerns you have about your existing loan or future lending needs.
- If you are impacted by fees, we will work directly with you on a case-by-case basis to provide customized solutions to meet your financial needs during this difficult time.
Under Fannie Mae's guidelines for single-family mortgages:
- Homeowners who are adversely impacted by this national emergency may request mortgage assistance by contacting their mortgage servicer
- Foreclosure sales and evictions of borrowers are suspended for 60 days
- Homeowners impacted by this national emergency are eligible for a forbearance plan to reduce or suspend their mortgage payments for up to 12 months
- Credit bureau reporting of past due payments of borrowers in a forbearance plan as a result of hardships attributable to this national emergency is suspended
- Homeowners in a forbearance plan will not incur late fees
- After forbearance, a servicer must work with the borrower on a permanent plan to help maintain or reduce monthly payment amounts as necessary, including a loan modification
Fannie Mae also offers help navigating the broader financial effects of this national emergency to homeowners with a Fannie Mae-owned mortgage through its Disaster Response Network*, including:
- A needs assessment and personalized recovery plan
- Help requesting financial relief from insurance, servicers, and other sources
- Web resources and ongoing guidance from experienced disaster relief advisors
Homeowners can find out if they have a Fannie Mae-owned mortgage and access to the Disaster Response Network™* by visiting www.KnowYourOptions.com/loanlookup.
Visit the Federal Trade Commission Consumer Information Page for information on how to keep yourself from falling victim to the increasing number of scams surrounding COVID-19.
Read our Message from the Chairman: Keep It Simple with Online Bill Pay for helpful tips on how to simplify your monthly bill paying routine.
We're Here for You
We will continue to be available to serve you and will keep you informed of any changes via email and on our website. We also encourage you to follow us on Northwest Federal's Facebook page for frequently updated information.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this challenging time. The health of our members and employees is paramount to us, and we are taking the current situation seriously.