At Northwest Federal, we are committed to providing exceptional service to our members and our communities. Your health, safety and your financial well-being are our primary concerns. Please check back here for additional updates as they become available.
COVID Relief Resources
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) - The Economic Injury Disaster Loan as well as the Paycheck Protection Program were established to provide relief for small business owners. Small businesses* may apply for a "Second Draw" loan, provided they have 300 or fewer employees and can demonstrate they experienced a 25% decline in gross receipts for any quarter in 2020 as compared to the same quarter in 2019. The maximum loan amount is $2 million; actual loan amounts will be based on applicant's payroll.
Economic Impact Payments - A third round of impact payments will soon be sent to eligible taxpayers. The IRS emphasizes that there is no action required by eligible individuals to receive this payment. Individuals earning less than $75,000 and a couple earning less than $150,000 will receive a $1,400 payment, plus an additional $1,400 per dependent. For complete details and the latest updates, visit the IRS newsroom regarding economic impact payments.
Please note that if you receive a direct deposited payment, funds will show as Pending until the effective-date as determined by the Treasury.
Financial Assistance from Northwest Federal
- We are offering up to a two month deferment for qualified borrowers on our consumer loans, including: auto loans, personal loans, and credit cards.
Home Equity Loans & Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC)
- We are offering up to a two month deferment for qualified borrowers on our fixed-rate home equity loans and HELOCs.
Northwest Federal is following the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac guidelines for homeowners who are adversely impacted by this national emergency for all of our first mortgage loans, regardless of whether or not it is Fannie Mae-owned mortgage. Learn about these guidelines for single-family mortgages.
Whether it be personal, mortgage, or commercial loans, we stand ready to assist with any questions and concerns you have about your existing loan or future lending needs.
To see if you qualify for our loan deferment options, call 703-709-8900 to speak with a representative.
- If you are impacted by fees, we will work directly with you on a case-by-case basis to provide customized solutions to meet your financial needs during this difficult time.
Branch Availability and Hours
For your safety and the safety of others, masks are currently required in branches. While we do not require appointments to visit our branches, calling ahead to make an appointment will help us plan for your visit and manage branch occupancy levels to ensure the safety of our members and staff.
To make an appointment at a branch call:
703-925-5146 One Loudoun
- Masks and Social Distancing: Federal and CDC guidelines recommend that masks be worn in public spaces to help fight the COVID-19 pandemic. In Maryland and Virginia, masks are required in public places. Our staff in branches are wearing masks and we ask that you do the same if you come in for an appointment. We also encourage you to maintain a distance of 6 feet of space between yourself and others when you visit.
- Please also note that our cash reserves and processes remain strong. We will have the cash you need at our ATMs and branches.
How to Conduct Many Branch Transactions Remotely
We offer many convenient ways to pay your Northwest Federal loans or make a deposit without having to go to a branch.
Loan Payment Options
- Online Banking - make payments by transferring funds from your savings or checking account to your loan accounts through Online Banking. You can also set up automatic monthly payments so you won’t have to keep track of due dates and your payments will always arrive on time.
- Online Payment Center- use our secure online payment portal to pay your Northwest Federal loans (excluding first mortgage and credit card accounts) via ACH or by debit card.
- Request a Loan Payment Coupon Booklet
- Send your payment by mail
- Mobile Banking App – deposit checks easily and securely with our Mobile Banking app with Mobile Deposit®. Download our free Mobile Banking app at the Apple Store® or Google® Play Store today to get started. Search “Northwest Federal” to find it fast.
Simply log-in to the app, select the “Deposit” icon on the screen and follow instructions to complete your mobile deposit.
- ATMs - deposit checks at ATMs from coast to coast. Use our Locator Wizard to find a deposit-taking ATM near you.
- PopMoney - send money to your friends or family the easy way with PopMoney, available within Online Banking. All you’ll need is the recipient’s email address or mobile phone number.
To use PopMoney, simply login to Online Banking and access the BILL PAY widget:
ATMs and Card Services
- We are taking special precautions to ensure our ATM’s are routinely disinfected and also stocked to ensure access to the cash you need when you need it.
- Our credit cards are contactless, which means you never need to touch merchant terminals or hand your card to a cashier to complete your purchase. (Watch this video to see how contactless payments work.) You can also add your cards to any of the following digital wallets: Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Fitbit Pay and Garmin Pay which gives you the same ability to just tap and go. (Find out how to add cards to your device here.)
- You can replace any lost, damaged or compromised debit or credit card at any Northwest Federal branch. If you are unable to leave home, please contact us at 703-709-8900 to request a new debit or credit card to be sent to you home address on file. If you are in need of a new card immediately, we can rush your new card to you with overnight delivery.
Visit the Federal Trade Commission Consumer Information Page for information on how to keep yourself from falling victim to the increasing number of scams surrounding COVID-19.
Read our Message from the Chairman: Keep It Simple with Automated Bill Paying for helpful tips on how to simplify your monthly bill paying routine.
We're Here for You
We will continue to be available to serve you and will keep you informed of any changes via email and on our website. We also encourage you to follow us on Northwest Federal's Facebook page for frequently updated information.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this challenging time. The health of our members and employees is paramount to us, and we are taking the current situation seriously.
*Small businesses and eligible nonprofit organizations, Veterans organizations, and Tribal businesses described in the Small Business Act, as well as individuals who are self-employed or are independent contractors, are eligible if they also meet program size standards.