Visa Debit® Provides Payment Convenience
Your Northwest Federal debit card can be used anywhere Visa® is accepted—online and in stores. It’s the convenience of shopping with a credit card and the purchase amount is automatically deducted from your checking account.
You can also use your Visa Debit® to withdraw cash from your checking account at an ATM.
- Thousands of Free ATMs Nationwide - Enjoy completely free transactions at nearly 30,000 ATMs nationwide displaying any of these logos: Alliance One | CO-OP ATM℠ | CULIANCE. This includes selected locations where you shop, like 7-Eleven, Circle K, Costco, Publix, Dunkin Donuts and Rite-Aid.
- Cash Back at Point of Purchase - For quick cash when you’re buying groceries, filling up your car or running errands, remember that you can get cash back from your Northwest Federal checking account during your debit card transaction anywhere you see the STAR® logo. It’s like having free ATM access whenever you shop.
- Peace of Mind – emergency services, including Visa® Cardholder Inquiry Service, lost/stolen card reporting, and Roadside Dispatch service.
Request A Debit Card
Already have a Northwest Federal checking account?
Visit a branch to get your debit card issued on the spot.
Need to open a checking account?
Use Online Banking to open your account online today.
Contact our Member Service Center: 703-709-8900 (844-709-8900 toll-free).
Get Digital Wallet Convenience
Your Northwest Federal debit cards can be used with the below digital wallets. Click on each link for videos featuring how to add your card and begin enjoying greater payment convenience and security.
Once you’ve added your card to these digital wallets, you can use your device(s) to make purchases at participating merchants wherever mobile or tap and pay transactions are accepted.
Report Lost or Stolen Card
Report lost or stolen Visa® Debit cards immediately.
During normal business hours, contact our Member Service Center:
703-709-8900 (844-709-8900 toll-free)
After hours, please call:
703-251-2140 (International Collect)
Protect Your Debit Card
We offer several services to help you keep your Visa® Debit secure
Get real-time control of your Northwest Federal debit and credit card right from your mobile device with this handy app. Set the terms for when, where and how your cards are used anytime, anywhere:
- Turn cards on/off to protect from potential fraud
- Receive transaction alerts
- Quickly and easily add your cards to digital wallets
Your Northwest Federal debit card can be used to get foreign currency at ATMs overseas, and is accepted at merchants worldwide without a foreign transaction fee. When traveling, follow these tips:
- Request a special travel memo on your debit card account through the CardControl+ app or with our Member Service Center: 703-709-8900 (844-709-8900 toll-free). This will help to prevent blocked transactions when using your card and help ensure legitimate use of your account.
- To use your debit card at overseas locations requiring a 6 digit PIN, add 2 leading zeros to your current 4 digit PIN.
- It’s a good idea to carry your Northwest Federal credit card as a back-up payment option.
Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association.
Apple Pay is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Samsung Pay is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Google Pay is a trademark of Google Inc.
Fitbit and Fitbit Pay are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fitbit, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.
LG Pay is a registered trademark of LG Corp. Garmin Pay is a trademark of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries.