Debit Mastercard® Provides Payment Convenience
Your Northwest Federal debit card can be used anywhere Mastercard® is accepted—online and in stores. It’s the convenience of shopping with a credit card and the purchase amount is automatically deducted from your checking account.
You can also use your Debit Mastercard® to withdraw cash from your checking account at an ATM.
- Thousands of Free ATMs Nationwide: enjoy completely free transactions at nearly 30,000 ATMs nationwide displaying any of these logos: Credit Union 24®/CU HERE | CO-OP ATM℠ | CULIANCE. This includes selected locations where you shop, like 7-Eleven, Circle K, Costco, Publix, Dunkin Donuts and Rite-Aid.
- Cash Back at Point of Purchase - For quick cash when you’re buying groceries, filling up your car or running errands, remember that you can get cash back from your Northwest Federal checking account during your debit card transaction anywhere you see the STAR® logo. It’s like having free ATM access whenever you shop.
- Peace of Mind – Mastercard® offers Zero Liability coverage as well as Enhanced ID Theft Resolution featuring: 1-bureau credit monitoring, high-risk transaction monitoring and alerts, and white-glove restoration service.
- Travel Perks – Mastercard Airport Concierge, Priceless Cities offers and experiences
- Mastercard Global Service – emergency card replacement, emergency cash advance, lost/stolen card reporting
Request A Debit Card
Already have a Northwest Federal checking account?
Visit a branch to get your debit card issued on the spot.
Need to open a checking account?
Use Online Banking to open your account online today.
Contact our Member Service Center: 703-709-8900 (844-709-8900 toll-free).
Get Digital Wallet Convenience
Your Northwest Federal debit cards can be used with the below digital wallets. Click on each link for videos featuring how to add your card and begin enjoying greater payment convenience and security.
Once you’ve added your card to these digital wallets, you can use your device(s) to make purchases at participating merchants wherever mobile or tap and pay transactions are accepted.
Report Lost or Stolen Card
Report lost or stolen Debit Mastercard® cards immediately.
During normal business hours, contact our Member Service Center:
703-709-8900 (844-709-8900 toll-free)
After hours, please call:
909-941-1398 (outside the US or Canada, collect)
Protect Your Debit Card
We offer several services to help you keep your Debit Mastercard® secure
Coming June 21! Northwest Federal CardControl+ App
Protect your Northwest Federal credit and debit cards from potential fraud and enjoy convenient control of your funds, right from your mobile device with this handy app:
- Turn cards on/off, set transaction limits
- Receive transaction alerts to track your card activity
- Quickly and easily add your cards to your digital wallets
- Set up travel memos to ensure your card works wherever your plans take you
- And more!
Beginning June 21, download our new CardControl+ app from the App StoreSM or Google PlayTM to start using.
Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc
Your Northwest Federal debit card can be used to get foreign currency at ATMs overseas, and is accepted at merchants worldwide without a foreign transaction fee. When traveling, follow these tips:
- Request a special travel memo on your debit card account with our Member Service Center: 703-709-8900 (844-709-8900 toll-free). This will help to prevent blocked transactions when using your card and help ensure legitimate use of your account.
- To use your debit card at overseas locations requiring a 6 digit PIN, add 2 leading zeros to your current 4 digit PIN.
- It’s a good idea to carry your Northwest Federal credit card as a back-up payment option.
Mastercard is a registered trademark and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Apple Pay is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Samsung Pay is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Google Pay is a trademark of Google Inc.
Fitbit and Fitbit Pay are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fitbit, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.
Garmin Pay is a trademark of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries.