April is National Credit Union Youth Month
Teaching your kids to save so they'll be financially fit in the future is as important as teaching them to eat their fruit and veggies. Good savings habits begin at an early age. Here are a few savings tips to teach your children smart savings skills:
- Set a savings goal - is it a want or a need they are saving for?
- Let them earn money - allowing children to earn and save also instills the value of hard work.
- Provide a place to save money - make it fun with Westie's Save, Spend and Share jars. Watch our YouTube video and download your labels below.
- Help track savings - share their monthly statement to explain how their money grows by earning dividends.
- Teach by example - share some of your savings goals and make a family savings jar for your next family vacation, new car or even their college education.
Help your children learn the importance of saving money for their short- and long-term goals with one of our Youth Club Accounts. They’ll be rewarded with:
- Higher dividends on the first $1,500 saved
- Gift and membership kit at account opening
- Deposit rewards, including $25 bonus* to First Rewards account holders when $500 is saved
Complete a Youth Membership Application to open a Youth Club Account today!
Make Your Own Save, Spend & Share Jar Labels with Westie!
Watch our YouTube video to see how you can create your own Save, Spend & Share jars using Westie's labels.
Click on the image to download your labels today!
Westie's Project 10-10
We celebrated Westie's 10th birthday with 10 videos featuring money tips for kids. Click the tips below to watch!