Protect Your Cards with Our Security Tools
We offer services to help protect your Northwest Federal debit and credit cards from fraudulent use. Take advantage of these convenient online services and apps to help you stay on top of your card transactions.
Our CardControl+ app makes it easy to manage & protect your cards
Now you can conveniently activate your Northwest Federal credit or debit cards and set or change a PIN within the CardControl+ app, saving you a phone call or visit to the branch. And, as always, these great features will help you protect your cards from potential fraud right from your mobile device:
- Receive transaction alerts
- Turn cards on/off to protect from potential fraud.
- Quickly and easily add your cards to digital wallets.
- Set up travel notices so your cards will work wherever your plans take you.
Download Northwest Federal's CardControl+ app from the App Store℠ or Google Play™ to start using this handy app.
What you can do to help prevent fraudulent use of your cards:
- Sign new cards as soon as you receive them.
- Memorize your PIN and shield your PIN when entering it at ATMs or retail checkouts.
- Don’t give out your account number to anyone over the phone unless you initiated the call and you’re dealing with a company you trust.
- When shopping online, make sure the site is reputable and secure before entering your account number or conducting a transaction.
- Check your accounts often to make sure there are no unusual transactions.
In case of card fraud
If your card is lost or stolen, or you suspect you’re a victim of fraud, call Northwest Federal immediately at 703-709-8900.
What we’re doing for you
- We have systems in place to monitor your accounts for unusual activity and will notify you if we detect something suspicious. To ensure that we’re able to reach you quickly, please keep your contact information up to date.
- We offer eStatements for credit card accounts and regular monthly statements, to help keep personal information out of the mailbox and out of the hands of dumpster divers.
- We verify identity when members contact us to ensure the security of account information.
- We provide Fraud Prevention resources on our website with news alerts, safety tips, videos, free publications and other online tools to help you take control of your personal information and keep it from being misused.
App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc
Before traveling within or outside the U.S., request a special travel memo on your debit card account with our Member Service Center: 703-709-8900 (844-709-8900 toll-free). This will help to prevent blocked transactions when using your card and help ensure legitimate use of your account.
Your Northwest Federal debit & credit cards can be used with these digital wallets:
- Apple Pay®
- Samsung Pay®
- Google PayTM
- FitBit PayTM
- Garmin PayTM
- LG Pay®
To learn more, click on the above links for videos featuring how to add your card and begin enjoying greater payment convenience and security.
Once you’ve added your card to these digital wallets, you can use your device(s) to make purchases at participating merchants wherever mobile or tap and pay transactions are accepted. You'll never have to share your card information with a merchant again.
Apple Pay is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Samsung Pay is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Google Pay is a trademark of Google Inc.
Fitbit and Fitbit Pay are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fitbit, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.
Garmin Pay is a trademark of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries.
LG Pay is a registered trademark of LG Corp.