Visa® Credit Cardholder Benefits
You’ll receive valuable cardholder benefits when you use your Northwest Federal Visa® credit card to pay for purchases, trips, hotel rooms, rental cars and more. These benefits and coverages include:
- Emergency Services: card replacement, emergency cash advance, and lost/stolen card reporting.
- Security and Protection: purchase protection (including purchase protection from porch piracy of online purchases), ride share protection, ID theft protection, and more.
- Travel: trip cancellation insurance, lost luggage reimbursement, travel accident insurance, auto collision damage waiver, and more.
- Luxury and Lifestyle: Visa luxury hotel collection, Visa concierge, and more for NOW REWARDS cardholders with limits of $5,000 or more.
Click below for details about Visa's Guide to Benefits for Northwest Federal's credit and debit cards.
Online Banking makes it easy to manage your credit card online: view transactions, make credit card payments, conduct balance transfers, and enroll in credit card eStatements within Online Banking.
CardControl+ App helps you manage and protect your card right from your mobile device. Download Northwest Federal's CardControl+ app from the App Store℠ or Google Play™ to start using this handy app today.
Contactless Payment is available for added convenience and security at the checkout. Look for the contactless symbol wherever you are to simply tap & pay!
Digital Wallets provide the ultimate in payment convenience when you're on the go. Click on each link for videos explaining how to add your card and begin enjoying this quick and easy payment method.
Apple Pay® | Samsung Pay® | Google PayTM | FitBit PayTM | Garmin PayTM| LG Pay®
Fraud & Purchase Protection
For online tools, resources and consumer protection tips to keep you informed, turn to our Fraud Prevention page. If you ever experience fraud, we’re here for you.
If your card is lost or stolen, or you suspect you’re a victim of fraud, call Northwest Federal immediately at 703-709-8900, Monday-Friday: 7:00 am-7:00 pm and Saturday: 8:00 am-1:00 pm.
Reporting Disputes or Fraud
Use these online forms to report fraudulent use. If you knowingly gave your account information to a merchant and didn't receive the product or service as expected, complete this dispute form. Return completed form(s) by fax: 703-925-5155 or send to: Northwest Federal Credit Union, PO Box 1229, Herndon VA 20172.
Zero Liability Policy
Rest easy, knowing you're protected if your Northwest Visa® credit or debit card is lost, stolen or fraudulently used.
How does it work?
Visa's Zero Liability Policy* means you won't be held responsible for unauthorized charges on your Northwest Federal card accounts. Simply review your monthly statement and report any unauthorized charges to Northwest Federal, immediately.*
Get quick resolution
Once an unauthorized transaction, covered by Visa's Zero Liability Policy*, is reported, we'll issue you a provisional credit, investigate the fraud claim and resolve the issue quickly.
* Visa’s Zero Liability Policy does not apply to certain commercial card and anonymous prepaid card transactions or transactions not processed by Visa. The Zero Liability Policy only covers transactions that have been confirmed by Northwest Federal as unauthorized and that are reported in a timely manner. Fraudulent debit card transactions must be reported within 60 days of the statement date on which the transaction appeared.
Apply Today, Use Today!
Northwest Federal is leading the way with instant issue credit cards. You can now apply for a Northwest Federal credit card at one of our branches and get your new card handed to you on the spot. Add your new card to Digital Wallets immediately for extra payment convenience.
Lost, stolen or damaged credit card? If you live near a Northwest Federal branch, you no longer have to wait for your new card to arrive by mail but get a replacement credit card issued to you right at the branch.
Remember, our credit cards are contactless. Just tap & go wherever you see the contactless payment symbol.